Saturday, April 18, 2009

Day #2 of Potty Training

I love how the weekends when I "plan" something such as potty training my child, my family wants to go do something. Since, it was rainy and I couldn't work in the yard as planned (which is always my luck) we decided to tag along. They all wanted to head up the hill, do a lil shopping, take the kids to see airplane's and go eat at PF Chang's....ok I definitely could not pass up this opportunity!!! Mind you...I am still trying to potty train here!

My family thought I was crazy thinking I was still going to try the whole "potty training" today! I was not giving in, Brax has been doing sooo good I did not want to give up. So after peeing on the bushes and a couple of tree's we were headed out! Brax drank some orange juice on the way up and I had a feeling he was going to pee in his car seat. About 30 mins or so had passed and Brax says "Pull over I need to pee!" We pulled off on the side of 540, with tons of traffic, Brax pulls his pants down, waves at the cars flying by, and pee's on the flowers (what Brax calls them, but they were weeds-hey whatever works right). I wish I had my camera on me then, if only you could have seen the smile on his face......he was so proud of himself!!!! Then my whole family in the background screaming and clapping, yeah a bunch of rednecks hooping and hollaring on the side of 540 that is a picture I would not want to see!
Restaurant Experience....
At PF Chang's, Brax was so excited about the waterfall and the horse outside, that I could not get him to concentrate and go potty! We went inside, sat down, and Brax says "I potty'd"! He was so mad at himself for peeing in his pants. Which I thought was a good sign and this was going to be the last time to change his clothes.....So out to the car we go-ROUND 1

Back inside, get our appetizer, Brax drinks a whole thing of Sprite, and I ask him if he needs to go potty. "No Momma I ok" Brax goes over and looks at the dessert table while talking to the waiter and he said "Ugh Oh, Momma I sorry" So out to the car we go-ROUND 2

Our food finally arrives. Awwww it was so good (well the couple of bites I got to take). Brax chowed down and so did everyone else. Brax came up to me and said "I gotta go potty" I was soooo excited, he told me he needed to go!!! So we ran to the bathroom and Brax stops me and I turn around and look at him, he had a sad frown on his face (he pee'd in his pants). He said that he couldn't hold it. So out to the car we go-ROUND 3
In case you are wondering, I think I packed every single pair of pants he owns and underwear for this one day excursion ;)

Get back to the table and I get to finish eating....everyone else didn't bother to wait on me! That's ok, I don't blame them! Brax finishes eating and takes a couple of drinks. Dessert comes out....YUM!!!!! We are all chowing down on that, well, Brax decides to stand up in his chair and pee (Thank God he didn't pull his pants down in front of everyone)! I couldn't believe it. It was all down his pants. So out to the car we go-ROUND 4
Once out at the car......Brax did decide that he needed to go more, so in the parking lot, he had to pee AGAIN! I was so thankful I found a towel in the car to cover him up with, there were so many people driving by looking at us! Yep another redneck picture someone probably took of us! I really don't want to see pics of this on the internet ;)

The rest of the day went really smooth. We didn't have any more episodes. WHOOOOO!!!

I will leave with a couple of sweet pics.........Squeezes from Nana
Ok, this pic cracks me up...

I think he is getting tired of me asking

"Do you need to go potty"








4 comments:

  1. Megan, Good for you for sticking it out!!! I would have caved and put on that diaper! Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Megan!!! Way to go...holding your ground with the potty training! You are a Momma to be Admired!!

    p.s. I'll probably be calling you in a year or so saying..."how did you get through it?!?!?" Nothing that a little wine can't help, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA!! He likes to pee on the trees in our front yard!

    ReplyDelete