Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Appendectomy

Oh wow.....what a weekend! Sorry for the late post, but this is the first time I have been in front of a computer since my last post.
Well, as I left you on Friday, I was headed to get a CT scan. Has anyone ever had a CT scan done before? Well, if you have then you will know exactly what I am talking about. Thank god my sister met me at Cooper Clinic that day, because I probably couldn't have done it without her. You have to drink 1/2 jug of white, milky, cocunut flavored, nasty, awful stuff before the CT scan. Words can only tell you how disgusting that stuff really is. It has to settle on your stomach for an hour before the x-ray. Piper has had the scan before, also has had the priveledges of drinking the awful drink. She told the lady we were going out to the parking lot, because she knows how much of a gagger I am. I got the first cup down like a champ, but the cups to follow were not very pretty. I have never gagged so hard in all my life, Piper was cracking up!!! After an hour of drinking "the awful stuff", people walking by laughing, staring at me while I gag and sit in the car, it was time for the x-ray! I felt like I was in college when you had one to many drinks, shots, etc....and you get sick in the parking lot! Thank god those days are over...lol!!!
After the x-ray, the nurse told me to go have a seat and she will be out shortly. I knew it had to be something bad because they were going to tell me the results right away. All the other patients got to go home and they would get the results next week. Well, after 5 mins of anticipation and anxiety, she came out and said"You are to go straight to the ER, and have surgery, you have Appendencitis"!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe what I just heard. Piper looked at me and was like, "Well, your weekend plans are cancelled" For a matter of fact, this was one weekend I was actually looking forward to and had plans....birthday party Friday night, then a formal event on Saturday. Oh well, there will always be more ;)
They were waiting for me over at the ER. I got in there quick, they got me prepped for surgery, then it was time to talk with the doctor. Mind you, my stomach was already so swollen from the pain, I looked like I was 5 months pregnant. The doctor was very concerned, he thought my appendix had already ruptured by the looks of the swelling and the pain. He told me about the procedure, then it was time to get it out!!!! 30 or so minutes later, he was done (well, I didn't know, but this is what my family told me). My appendix did not rupture, but my colon was swollen. I had to stay in the hospital Friday night, but was able to go home on Saturday...thank god!!! Staying in the hospital is not fun and I think I got maybe an hour of sleep.
Thank you all for your prayers and concerns. I couldn't have done it without all of you. I loved all the flowers, balloons, candy bouquets, and cards....they made my day! I thank god, I went to the doctor and I am alive today!!!!
Getting to see Braxton on Sunday was so amazing! I missed him so much!!!! He ran up to me and said "Mommy, I kiss your boo-boo's and make em better, I love you and missed you"!!!!
What more can I say......I am truly blessed!!!!!!!!!!! Love all of you and thank you again for everything. I am one lucky girl.
Love, Megan

3 comments:

  1. Thank goodness that was all it was(not that it wasn't rough but could've been worse) and you caught it early. I was really worried about you. Glad everything is okay now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, I am so glad everything is okay! Stupid appendix! Hopefully one of these days the appendix will realize it serves no purpose and just cease to exist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez, what a day for you! So glad that you are doing great and are back home. Take Care of yourself!:)

    ReplyDelete