Thursday, January 29, 2009

Words from an Angel

My eyes are stilled filled with joy right now as I post this. I haven't told anyone about what I received yesterday yet because I am still in shock and trying to come to grips myself about this.

After work, I went and picked Brax up, then we were invited over to our good friends Brad and Natalie's house for dinner. We had a great time and the food was delicious. Sorry, Natalie about Brax not eating that much, but I think he was all about that sucker (ducker Brad had promised him)...haha!!! I said "no" to the sucker because he didn't make a happy plate, but Brad couldn't resist Brax begging "Big Brad" for one. Anyways after a good dinner, lots of laughter, making fun of people on American Idol, it was time to head home and get ready for bed. We hadn't been home at all, so since the car was toasty and warm, and the temp outside was 25 degree's I decided to drive around the front of the house and get the mail. (Now everyone, you are probably thinking...lazy...get out of the car...don't waste gas..but you know what-...you would do the same thing haha) Anyways, received a few bills of course, then there was a little red envelope stuck in the middle of the stack of mail. There was no return address on there and it said Megan and Braxton on the front. I was curious, so I opened it right away...thinking it was a invitation to a bday party or a Valentine's Day card. Low and behold I was wrong-this is what the tiny letter said.....

Megan,

You might think right now is not the best time of your life, but we are all praying for you. God has a plan for you and he will get you through this. You have a beautiful little boy that has a smile that will light up the darkest room. Take care of your son, yourself, and your business and the rest will fall into place. There are a lot of people out there praying for you and wishing you happiness again.

Love,
Believers in you


After reading the letter, I was in tears! Braxton said "Mommy you ok, why you cry?" I turned to Braxton and said "Mommy is ok, she is crying because she is happy, there are people out there with hearts of gold!" Braxton looked at me differently than he ever has before, wiped a tear from my face and said...."Mommy I wuv (love) you, you will be ok!"
I have absolutely no idea who this letter came from. The letter was typed out as well, so I am clueless! Whoever the letter was from I just want to give a huge shout out "THANK YOU" for giving me words of inspiration and also believing. I will NEVER EVER forget this!

6 comments:

  1. That gave me chills Megan...how special you are to have such great friends in your corner. You're a great girl and I know you'll prevail!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I got chills too! Whoever sent this note is absolutely right and I agree whole-heartedly. You are a strong, successful woman and a PERFECT mommy! Nothing else matters! I pray for you and Braxton everyday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty sure I just got all teary-eyed on that one. What an amazing note to receive in the mail! Not quite sure what all you are dealing with, but I will be praying for you as well!

    "..why you cry?" - too stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh - and give me your email address and I will email you on how to add a blog header. It's fun and easy after you get the hang of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan,
    I am so glad you looked me up. I just cried reading this entry. How touching to have someone do something so little but so big. I decided this year to start the chronological bible as well as a prayer journal I will be sure to add you to my list. Take care and do keep in touch.
    p.s. your son is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megan,
    I found you through Sarah’s blog...what a cute little boy you have! I'm sorry that you are going through a difficult time right now, but by the sound of that note you have a lot of people who care about you in your life! That is encouraging. I have a blog also, come check it out when you get a chance...http://thetyndallfam.blogspot.com/
    Take care...Melissa Charlton Tyndall

    ReplyDelete