Friday, January 9, 2009

No Nurse career for Mommy!!!!!!!

Last night was quite an experience for me......

Remember the doctors wanting me to keep the dressings "dry" on a 2-year old?!?! Well, I decided to try and give Braxton a bath last night. Thank god our good friend, Natalie was there to help us out or it would have not been good. Braxton's Nana gave us some dish gloves to put over his dressings to keep them dry while giving a bath. We wrapped them with a pony tail holder thinking no water was going to get in the gloves....well once again I was wrong! The dressings were soaking wet! All I could think about was what the doctors note said...."KEEP DRESSINGS DRY"!!! So, I was all paranoid and Natalie told me to run and get some more gauze and we can re-wrap them. After speeding as fast as I could (hopefully no cops are reading this), run into Wal-Mart, get the gauze and hurry home because all I could think about was something bad was going to happen since the bandages were wet. Ok so here we are...we have Brax up on the counter and Natalie is holding him trying to keep him entertained....and I start cutting the bandages off. All of the sudden I start feeling light headed, turning green, and I could see my hands turning white as a ghost. Then a feeling I have never had before, I started sweating in my cheeks and chin...I told Natalie that I am going to faint and I headed to the bathroom. Well needless to say MOMMY FAINTED!!!!! So after that experience, I went back to help Natalie change the other hand. I started cutting the dressings again, feeling ok by this point (not for long), I got all the dressings off and then headed back to the bathroom. MOMMY FAINTED AGAIN!!!!!!!! I thank god that Natalie was there to help me or I don't know what would have happened! Next time if there is a dressing change...I think someone else is going to have to do it...lol!

Needless to say Brax is doing better everyday!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! That is too funny! I laughed out loud! That just shows what a good little mommy you are! You were so worried about your baby that you got all upset. I will second the idea of...thank goodness for Natalie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's probably because it was Braxton. It's always different when it's your baby :) Or you could just take after your Dad, if I remember correctly.

    ReplyDelete