Monday, January 12, 2009

Trying to keep the hands "dry" AGAIN

All day yesterday, Braxton was begging me to let him in the shower or take a bath. I was trying to avoid "bath time" as long as possible because of the bath experience we had last week. Don't get me wrong, I keep my child very clean and wash him, but the overall bath I didn't want to go there again until the dressings came off. Brax has missed sitting in the bath and playing, so since he asked me over a 100 times and I couldn't say no to his precious face...I gave in! I had to think of a new plan to keep the dressings dry. I put zip lock bags over his hands and taped the bags tight to his skin. I was thinking there is no way water was getting near his hands!!!!

Anyways, Brax had a blast in the bathtub, and did not want to get out. I thought the zip lock bags were working, but apparently they didn't, because they were full of water! Oh no....I knew I would have to re-tape his hands and uh well, there was no one there to help me. I had to act fast....I got the wet gauze off there and starting re-taping his hands and guess what-MOMMY DIDN'T FAINT!!!! I was so proud of myself.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Megan...I'm glad to see he is doing so well after surgery..
    That last picture with the paci is too cute. I love that belly!
    I hope he continues to get better.

    ReplyDelete